Terms and Conditions of Rental
Ocean Grove Holiday House
Terms and Conditions of Temporary Holiday Accommodation
Note: Variances can be agreed on but only by arrangement with the owner.
1. A Deposit of 50% is required to secure the booking. Payment of the rental deposit constitutes the clients acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Bookings over $1000 made more than 6 months in advance are welcome to pay by 3 instalments.
2. Balance of the rental amount must be received in full 14 days prior to occupancy. Christmas school holiday bookings are to be fully paid 4 weeks prior to occupancy. This allows time to make all the necessary arrangements and advise check in details prior to your booking. If payments are not made on time, and no response is received, the owner has the right to cancel the booking and attempt to re let it.
3. Cancellations up to 2 months in advance receive a full refund less $25 Admin fee. Cancellations less than 2 months in advance money paid is only refundable if the house is re-let to other guests for the same period. If a refund is made due to the property being fully relet for the same tariff then just the $25 Admin fee applies.
4. The owners will make every effort to ensure the property is available as booked. However the owners reserve the right to make alterations to bookings if there are any unforeseen circumstances.
5. To maintain a good standard for our guests we require certain conditions to be complied with. We appreciate most will respect our property but the occasional abuse requires that we state the following conditions: –
6. Number of Guests should not exceed the number stated on the Confirmation Notice or subsequently agreed in writing or email. Fees will apply for excess guests not agreed with the owners in advance.
7. Parties and Functions are strictly prohibited. The price charged is for domestic use only and not commercial. Accordingly this rate does not allow for the extra wear associated with functions in terms of cleaning, garbage removal, wear and tear, repairs etc. Use contrary to this will result in loss of your bond and/or additional payments to cover any costs.
8. Damage, Breakages, Theft and Loss are to be reported and paid for at cost, other than acceptable wear & tear.
9. Departure/Cleaning – Cleaning is included in the cost of your stay. We just ask that you leave the house as you find it, neat and tidy, everything put away, or put back as it was on your arrival. Rubbish should be put into outside bins and the BBQ left clean for the next guests, we appreciate your help.
10. Checkout time is 10am unless otherwise mutually arranged, to allow time to prepare the property for incoming guests. Check in time is normally 3pm.
11. Disturbance to our neighbours, including excessive noise, is prohibited and may result in termination of rental.
12. A $300 Security bond applies to all bookings. Credit Card details can be provided as security for your stay, or if preferred a fully refundable $300 Bond is payable at the same time as the balance amount. The Bond will be refunded within 7 days in full subject to the above conditions being met. It is designed to cover any additional costs incurred including but not limited to, any breakage, damage or excess cleaning requirements, extra guests beyond those declared.etc…
13. Linen (sheets, pillowcases & towels) is to be supplied by the tenant, unless otherwise arranged with the owners. Due to Health Regulations and to protect the bedding, all guests are required to use top & bottom sheets & pillowcases. Mattress protectors, Pillows, & Doonas with covers are all supplied.
14. Pets are not allowed inside or outside at the property.
15. Loss – the owners take no responsibility for the tenant’s personal property. Please check that your house or travel insurance covers you for any loss.
Our wish is to provide you with a relaxing and enjoyable time during your stay at our home. We welcome your booking and please call us any time if you have any queries or require information to assist with your stay, we’re happy to help.
Marg & Lindsay Walkington Mobile: 0408 496636